Sunday, September 12, 2010

College Football Weekend Wrap Up

Well a couple of the upsets that i picked didnt quite happen and some of the games i thought werent going to be upsets ended up happening! Overall it was another great week in College Football! This is why its one of my favorite times of the season. Lets talk about how i did with my predictions on all the top 25 games.

West Virginia vs Marshall  Although a closer game than i expected i did have WV winning and they pulled off a close victory coming from behind 24-21

San Jose St. vs #11 Wisconsin  I had the Badgers winning and they did win 27-14

#15 Georgia Tech vs Kansas  I had GT winning and Kansas at home won with the upset! 28-25

#22 Georgia vs #24 South Carolina  I had Georgia winning and South Carolina won the game in a low scoring battle 17-6

South Florida vs #8 Florida  I had the Gators winning and they did. Once they got going they rolled over South Florida winning 38-14

Idaho vs #6 Nebraska  I had Nebraska winning and they did very easily 38-17

James Madison vs #13 Virginia Tech  Well i had VT winning and i thought they would have bounced back with an easy win and this was the shocker in the top 25. James Madison ended up upsetting VT 21-16.

Iowa St. Vs #9 Iowa  I had Iowa winning and thats exactly what they did and they won big 35-7

#17 Florida St. Vs #10 Oklahoma  My upset pick is this was FSU and that didn't happen this time. Oklahoma at home pounded Florida State and won big 47-17. I thought Florida State was going to put up more of a fight then they did but Oklahoma's offense was too much.

#12 Miami vs #2 Ohio State  My pick was OSU and they won 36-24 behind a big game from Terrell Pryor

UNLV vs #20 Utah  i had Utah winning and they won 38-10

#18 Penn State vs #1 Alabama  My pick was Alabama and they won very convincingly at home against the Nitty Lions 24-3 missing the Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram for the 2nd straight game. It didnt even seem to phase the Defending National Champs.

Tennessee Tech vs #4 TCU  I had TCU winning and they won in a route 62-7

Wyoming vs #5 Texas  I had Texas winning and they did but not without an early scare from Wyoming who was leading 7-3 early but the Texas calmed down and ended up winning 34-7

#7 Oregon vs Tennessee  My pick was my Oregon Ducks and they did not disappoint winning big 48-13. But Oregon started out slow being down 6-0 before a 70 minute Thunder Storm delay happened. The Ducks came back after the delay and finally put it together and tied it 13 all at halftime, then didnt look back scoring 35 points and giving up 0 in the second half. A big road win against an SEC team was just what the Ducks needed

#14 Arkansas vs Louisiana-Monroe my pick was Arkansas and they did win big 31-7

#19 LSU vs Vanderbilt  My pick was LSU and the Tigers won 27-3

Virginia vs #16 USC  My pick was the Trojans and in a surprisingly close game they pulled off a 17-14 win in their home opener

#25 Stanford vs UCLA  my pick was Stanford and they did win and won very convincingly against fellow Pac 10 opponent UCLA 35-0. Sophomore QB Andrew Luck had another great game only throwing for 151 yards but threw 2 TD's to lead his team to a big victory

So my overall record for the day ended up being 14-4 which isnt bad i dont think but could be better. So combined with last weeks horrible record that brings me too 19-9 so far through 2 weeks! I will be picking next weeks game sometime later this week. Again i would love some more followers and comments! So please feel free to give some feedback as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment