Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Opening Week of NFL

This Thursday is the opening night of NFL. There are some very interesting match-ups this weekend too to open the season. I am going to make my picks for each game and continue to do so all year! Last season i picked over 75% winners. Hopefully i can continue to do so again this year!

Thurs Night
Minnesota vs. New Orleans  My pick for this game is the Saints. They are the Defending champs and I think they might have a shot at repeating as champs this year. They have a very strong and explosive offense and their defense is solid. This is a very big match-up to start the season, it was the NFC Championship from last year.

Sunday
Miami vs Buffalo  My pick for this game is the Dolphins. The Bills just aren't going to be strong again this year. Although i am very excited to see how C.J. Spiller works out with them. He is very explosive and i think he could end up being an elite RB in this league. But for now, the Dolphins win this game no problem.

Detroit vs Chicago  My pick for this game is Chicago. Detroit is still in another rebuilding year and will struggle this season.

Oakland vs Tennessee  My pick for this is the Titans. I think with Chris Johnson and Vince Young this year they could be deadly. I think Young will have a great year as the Starting QB. Johnson will again be the leagues best RB and rush for over 2000 yards. But for this game Tennessee will go up early and never look back.

Cincinnati vs New England  My pick is the Pats for this one. It will be very interesting to see 3 of the leagues best WR's in this game. I just don't think Cinci's Defense can handle Brady and Welker.

Carolina vs New York Giants  My pick is the Panthers. With their deadly RB combo of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart they can rack up yards and TD's quick.

Atlanta vs Pittsburgh  My pick is the Steelers. I think Dennis Dixon is going to shock some people at the starting QB spot while Big Ben is serving his suspension. Dixon is a very good QB and i think they win this game.

Cleveland vs Tampa Bay  My pick for this game is Tampa Bay

Denver vs Jacksonville  My pick for this game is the Jags. They have won 3 of the last 4 and they continue again on this game. A home game for 1 and Maurice Jones-Drew although he has been injured is a stud RB and he will have a good game in the season opener.

Indianapolis vs Houston  My pick for this is the Colts. Even though it will be the home opener for the Texas, Peyton Manning will throw for over 300 yards and a few TD's against the Texans Defense and they will win easily on the road.

San Fransisco vs Seattle  My pick is the 49ers. I watched the Seahawks vs Green Bay earlier this season at Qwest Field and their defense is struggling this year in the preseason in my opinion. So i think the Seahawks defense struggles and the 49ers win on the road in the home opener for Seattle.

Green Bay vs. Philadelphia  My pick is the Packers. Green Bay has everything clicking coming into the Reg. Season. Aaron Rodgers would have been the Pre Season MVP if they had such an award. Their Offense is clicking on all cylinders. With Kolb as the Eagles new starter i think this one could be an offense game with a high score. But the packers win on the road to open the season.

Arizona vs St. Louis  My pick is Arizona. St. Louis is still trying to rebuild their team. Rookie QB Sam Bradford was a great college QB but i just don't know how is going to fare in the big league. Arizona even with Derek Andersen wins this game. St Louis is going to have another rough year i believe and it starts here.

Dallas vs. Washington  My pick is the Cowboys. Even though its a road game in Washington i think Tony Romo comes out firing and connects with Miles Austin for a couple TD's. I am very anxious to see how Mcnabb starts off the season with the Redskins. I think he will have a good season but i just don't think they will be enough to get past the Cowboys this time.

Monday Night
Baltimore vs New York Jets  My pick for this is the Jets. This will be a very defensive game. The Jets Defense is very tough and i think they have what it takes to slow down Ray Rice and Joe Flacco. Finally Revis came back and will really help the Jets defense again. In the first Monday Night Football game of the year i think the Jets win at home in a low scoring defensive battle.

San Diego vs Kansas City  In the second Monday Night match-up my pick is the Chargers. Phillip Rivers is going to continue rolling and have a good opening game against the Chiefs Defense. Even without LT the Chargers offense will move on and rookie RB Ryan Matthews is expected to have a great rookie season.
The Chargers win with ease on the road in the last game of the first week of the NFL Season.

Any feedback on my picks are more then welcome and let me know some of your picks for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment